Ephemera of the Scottish Women's Keep Fit Association and the Aberdeen Keep Fit Association, with a portrait of Stuart Hopps, as well as papers and programmes relating to Stuart Hopps' work, and Balmer's art work.
Barbara Balmer Collection
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1701 D18
- Dates of Creation1974-1978
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Barbara Balmer trained at Coventry and Edinburgh Colleges of Art. She was Visiting Lecturer in Drawing at Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen. She lives in Stamford, Lincolnshire. She was a pupil of Laban-based movement with the Scottish Women's Keep Fit Association and open dance workshops with Stuart Hopps.
This small collection has been arranged into the following series:
- 1/ Ephemera of the Scottish Women's Keep Fit Association and the Aberdeen Keep Fit Association, 1974, 6 items
- 2/ Photographs, 1 item
- 3/ News clippings, 1978, 2 items
- 4/ Programmes, 1977-1978, 1 item
- 5/ Retrospective, 1995; 2004, 2 items
Conditions Governing Access
Access by appointment only. Contact the Archivist
Other Finding Aids
This Collection has been catalogued on to the Laban Archive catalogue.
Description compiled by Jane Fowler, Archivist, Laban.
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopies can be made according to copyright law and depending on the condition of the documents. Please consult the Archivist.
No further accruals are expected.