- Certificate of incorporation 1936
- Memorandum and articles of association 1935-1968
- Directors reports and accounts 1968-1969
- Agreement for acquisition of company by William Lind & Co Ltd 1966
- Financial records 1937-1969
- Tender records 1961-1966
- Quarry records 1940-1971
- Staff records 1964-1967
- Map of Loanhead Quarry, 20th century
Records of William Smith & Son (Quarrymasters) Ltd, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGD 105/2
- Dates of Creation1935-1971
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1.5 metresThere are no physical characteristics that affect the use of this material.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
By 1936 , William Smith & Son were established as quarry masters at Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland, and operated a quarry at Loanhead, Renfrewshire. The company was incorporated as William Smith & Son (Quarrymasters) Ltd in 1936. In 1966 , the company was acquired by William Lind & Co Ltd , quarry masters, Elderslie, Renfrewshire, and the company's head office was moved to Elderslie, Renfrewshire. In 2002, William Smith & Son (Quarrymasters) Ltd was still registered as a non-trading dormant company at Bellshill, North Lanarkshire, Scotland.
This material is arranged into series, which consist of numbers of items related by format and/or function. Within series, the items are generally arranged chronologically.
Permanent loan : William Lind, Bridge of Weir, Renfrewshire : 1980s: ACCN 0047*
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom.
Manual file level list available at the National Registers of Archives in Edinburgh (NRA(S)1554) and London (NRA21085)
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the University Archivist
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use & condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with normal procedures
Acquired directly from creators
No known publications using this material
This material is original
No revisions made to date