The file contains material relating to John W Powell, editor of 'China Monthly Review', his wife, Sylvia, and assistant, Julian Schuman, tried for sedition by US government for material published in 'China Monthly Review'; largely relating to the Committee of Friends of the China Monthly Review for the Defence of its Editors (of which Rewi Alley was chairman).
'Case of the / Powells / (China Weekly Review) 50s'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 PP MS 99/01/08/09
- Dates of Creation1956-1960
- Physical Description2 folders
Scope and Content