Account of experiences as an education officer in St. Vincent, British Honduras and The Gambia in the 1940s and 1950s, compiled in 1999.
Papers of Jack Forrest
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.brit.emp.s.561
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Brit. Emp. s. 561
- Dates of Creation1999
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Jack W. Forrest (b 1908) was educated at Biggar High School and University of Glasgow, taking the post of education officer, St. Vincent, 1943. He became Director [of] Education, British Honduras, 1947, Senior Education Officer, The Gambia, 1950 and Director [of] Education, 1952.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of papers without permission. Contact thelibrary in the first instance.