Souvenir booklet of postcards (nd); 4 humorous postcards (nd); 12 photographs (1917-1918, nd); Arabic and French translation booklet (nd); HMT Minnetonka concert programme (December 1915); 2 passes (20-27 September 1916, 23 May 1918, 28 May 1918); 2 active service envelopes (nd); Field Service postcard (18 October 1915); Christmas card with panoramic view of Mudros Harbour (nd); 2 Kantara Military Railway movement orders (21 May 1918, 28 May 1918).
Sam Winkcup papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 093
- Dates of Creation1915-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish Arabic French
- Physical Description1 file; photographs, postcards, and printed material. Includes a Christmas card and 2 passes.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sam R. Winkcup was a Private, Army Ordnance Corps, serving in Egypt/Palestine.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
In English, but with some Arabic and French.
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available