Photograph album (1915-1918); Machine Gun Course Notebook (June-July 1915); Diary (October 1915-December 1917); 2 notebooks of manuscript recollections (1915-1916); 2 autographed dinner menus (13 November 1915, 28 April 1916, 20 July 1917); 4 dinner menus from HMT Transylvania (26-30 October 1915); Reprint of humorous news-sheet "The Wipers Times" (11 November 1935); 12 maps and sketch maps (6 December 1916-17 September 1917, nd); Photocopied New Year's message (December 1918); Photocopied extracts from recollections (nd).
Basil Foster-Hall papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 026
- Dates of Creation1915-1935
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, photographs, and printed material (partly photocopy). Includes 12 maps and sketch maps.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Basil E. Foster-Hall was a 2nd Lieutenant, 2nd and 4th Battalion, East Surrey Regiment, serving in Salonika from December 1915. He later became a Captain.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available