This collection contains photocopies of photographs collected by John Parrett.
Photocopies of photographs collected by John Parrett
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380674
- Dates of Creationc.1865 - 1895
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Parrett (1841-1918) was appointed to work in Madagascar by the London Missionary Society as a printer. He married Margaret Milne in 1865 and they worked in Tananarive and Amparibe. He resigned from the LMS in 1885 but returned to Madagascar until 1895. Returning from England en route to Madagascar the Parretts were warned of political upheaval on the island and therefore decided to settle in Tasmania.
Conditions Governing Access
The material was presented by Alison Smith, descendent of Margaret Milne, in 1996.