The correspondence concerns Johnson's request for pictures of Emberton's Royal Corinthian Yacht Club, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex (1931) to be included in the exhibition 'Modern Architecture: International Exhibition', which ran from 9 February - 23 March 1932. On receiving images of the yacht club and of Emberton's work at Olympia, Johnson also used the image in his co-authored (with Henry-Russell Hitchcock) book 'The International Style: Architecture since 1922'. Emberton's letters include comments and explanations of the work, and Johnson comments in return.
Correspondence with Philip Johnson of the Museum of Modern Art, New York
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1837 DES/EMB/1/1
- Dates of Creation07 Nov 1931 - 01 Jan 1932
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description7 pieces
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Record created by Sue Breakell.