Folder of loose press cuttings largely relating to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. These include articles about Emberton's designs for the site but also more general cuttings about Blackpool, its facilities and its visitors. Other cuttings relate to the Advertising Exhibition at Olympia, May 1935; shops and housing. There is also a letter from Harold Riley Grimes of the local newspaper in Blackpool.
Folder 'Press cuttings / Blackpool'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1837 DES/EMB/3/18
- Dates of Creation17 Jul 1933 - 16 Feb 1944
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description52 cuttings, one letter, two stamped pieces of blue paper from Durrant's Press Cuttings addressed to Joseph Emberton, all now in one large Melinex sleeve
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Loose press cuttings
Record edited and catalogue number changed by Sue Breakell, 6 August 2010.