Pale blue folder of mounted press cuttings, mostly relating to Emberton's own work, including the appearance of some of his Royal Corinthian Yacht Club drawings in an exhibition at the RIBA Galleries; and to wider architectural issues and debates. Includes an article from 'The Listener', 26 July 1933, entitled "Is Modern Architecture on the right track?", which includes a section by Emberton. Files also includes instances of a widely published quotation by Emberton: "if a thing is one hundred percent efficient, it will be beautiful".
File 'Joseph Emberton FRIBA / General 1933'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1837 DES/EMB/3/16
- Dates of Creation01 Mar - 15 Dec 1933
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description4 pieces (including folder) with 42 cuttings pasted in, all in one large Melinex sleeve
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Press cuttings mounted on blue paper.
File edited and catalogue number changed by Sue Breakell, 6 August 2010.