Includes a copy of the published Report of the Committee to Consider a New Queens Hall (HMSO, May 1955) and the Third Report from the Committee of Public Accounts, Session 1953-1954. There are also 9 black and white photographs of the interior of Queens Hall.
File 'Queen's Hall'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1837 DES/EMB/3/40
- Dates of Creation24 Feb 1953 - Jul 1955
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description47 punched pages of foolscap, with 147 cuttings pasted onto them. Also 4 pages of Architects' Journal dated 24 Dec 1953. Also brown envelope labelled 'Queen's Hall' containing two government reports and 9 black and white photos of building interior - all in large Melinex sleeve
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Queens Hall was destroyed by an air raid in 1941. A decision was taken in 1951 to rebuild the hall, but the plan was abandoned on review in 1955.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Press cuttings mounted on paper; printed volumes; photographs.
Record edited and catalogue number changed by Sue Breakell, August 2010.