Photocopied diary, with typed transcript (25 July 1915-5 March 1919); Photocopied sketch of trench map, with annotations (nd); Transfer Statement of Arms, Equipment, Clothing and Necessaries (12 February 1919); Protection and Identity certificate (5 March 1919); Demobilization certificate (3 April 1919); Certificate of employment during the war (nd); Receipt form for returned great coat (nd); Out-of-Work Donation Policy voucher booklet (29 March 1919); Soldier's demobilization account (13 March 1919); Disability statement form (5 March 1919); Army cover for demobilization, transfer or discharge (nd); Pass for Suez Canal Zone (22 June 1918); Kantara Military Railway movement order (nd); Manuscript verse (nd).
Walter Rose papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 069
- Dates of Creation1915-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, and printed material (partly photocopy). Includes a trench map and a receipt form.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Walter James Rose, born in 1894, was a Private, 1st/5th Battalion, Suffolk Regiment, serving on the Western Front and in Egypt/Palestine.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Robin Rose (grandson).
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available