- MS 101/63/1-20;D Letters (20) to William Speirs Bruce, 1903 to 1913, [Personal news and discussion of expedition scientific results, including 12 October 1911, long account of Filchner expedition's visit to Buenos Aries] 26 leaves, mainly holograph
- MS 932/12;D Letter to Sir John Scott Keltie, 5 April 1919 [He recommends Cope as a proper leader for the proposed Antarctic expedition] 1 leaf, holograph
- MS 100/81/1-12;D Letters (12) to Hugh Robert Mill, 1902 to 1923 [4 letters from the expedition, 1902-1904; remainder on meteorological matters, Antarctic exploration and personal news] 16 leaves, holograph
- MS 356/74/1-6;D Letters (6) to Robert Neal Rudmose Brown, 18 September 1906 to 30 March 1939 [On various matters, including text of a paper, 'Utility of the South Orkney Observatory, etc.' (6 pages)] 19 leaves, holograph and typescript
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Robert Mossman/General correspondence
- Dates of Creation1902 - 1939
- Name of Creator
- Physical Descriptioncirca 29 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Correspondence by Mossman regarding Scottish National Antarctic Expedition, 1902-1904 and a proposed Antarctic Expedition.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.