2 highways account books for the Llyn and Eifionydd areas of Caernarfonshire. They reflect the effort involved in the maintenance of country roads and contain place and personal names connected to Pwllheli and Nefyn.
Llyn and Eifionydd Highways Accounts
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmsslleh
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS LLEH
- Dates of Creation1899-1906
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Surveyor of Highways for the Llyn and Eifionydd district of north Wales at the turn of the 20th century was David Williams, who came originally from Penrhos near Pwllheli, Caernarfonshire. His son was Rev. Caleb Williams of Betws-y-coed.
Incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users.
Description compiled by Elen Wyn Hughes, February 2003.
Other Finding Aids
A typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference numbers : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 442-443
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.