Books, articles and other printed matter which Strachan retained as reference material for his work on the livre d'artiste, as follows:
- /1 Large hardback exhibition catalogue: The artist and the book 1860-1960 in Western Europe and the United States (Boston: Harvard College and Museum of Fine Arts, 1961). Annotated by Strachan.
- /2 Sale catalogue: The printer and the artist: a catalogue of private press books and illustrated books from the United Kingdom, Europe and America (London: Bertram Rota Ltd, 1974). Includes a list of livres d'artiste, pp. 136-143.
- /3 Printed list of members of the Comite National du Livre Illustre Français (April 1974). Strachan is listed as a member. In French.
- /4 Printed leaflet: 'Poétique du Livre de Pierre Lecuire' by Helmar Hertrich. Translated into French from German; this formed the introduction to an exhibition catalogue for 'Livres de Pierre Lecuire' held at the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek in Munich (14 September-13 October 1978).
- /5 Annual Report of the Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London (1 August 1989-31 July 1990). On p. 28 there is a reference to the purchase of W.J. Strachan's collection of slides of livres d'artiste, which is currently in progress.
- /6 Radical French art and literature magazine, Traits, no. 5, (undated).
- /7 Sheet from a publication: comments on Mario Prassinos by Albert Camus and Raymond Queneau. Source unknown; undated. In French.