Eight separate bundles of annotated typescript notes, transcripts of letters and drafts of complete typescript essays by Strachan, all of which relate to Christopher Hewett and some specifically to his friendship with Sir Sydney Cockerell. Most of these appear to have been written during Strachan's later life when he was preparing his memoirs. Some of the drafts are annotated by Timothy Rogers, who helped Strachan to organise his memoirs and typed them for him. Drafts are as follows:
- /1 Transcripts of extracts from letters written by Hewett, with some draft commentary by Strachan.
- /2 Rough typescript chronology, and some extracts from letters.
- /3 Draft of part of 'A kind of destiny: the relationship between Sir Sydney Cockerell and Christopher Hewett 1954-1962'.
- /4 Draft of 'A kind of destiny', Part II.
- /5 Draft of 'A kind of destiny' (although here the piece is untitled), with covering letter from Timothy Rogers dated 5 February 1993.
- /6 Draft of 'A kind of destiny'. Stored with a photocopy of a sketch by Hewett made at the churchyard in Widford, Hertfordshire.
- /7 Miscellaneous incomplete drafts and extracts from letters; includes part of 'A youth and age relationship: Sir Sydney Cockerell and Christopher Hewett'.
- /8 Drafts and extracts, including parts of both 'A kind of destiny' and 'A youth and age relationship'.