Contains 58 eighteenth-century English poems by Peter Pinnell and other contemporary poets.
Poems of various kinds, by Peter Pinnell and others
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 104
- Dates of Creationca. 1750-1790
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (137 ff.), manuscript. Written in a single eighteenth-century hand. Most of the verso pages are blank. The foliation runs from 1-109 on ff.2-110 only. Bound in medium brown leather with blind tooling on the outside covers and spine and marbling on the inside covers and endpapers.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rev. Peter Pinnell, D.D., was Prebendary of Rochester and Vicar of Eltham and Shorne in Kent. He died on 16 August 1783 aged 63.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 15 August 1994.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt104