Guard-books of letters of C.S. Lewis.
Guard-books of Letters of C.S. Lewis
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MS. Eng. lett. c. 220/1-5
- Dates of Creation[ca. 1914]-1963
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) was a writer and scholar. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters were mainly given through W.M. Hooper, some were bought from other sources, 1967-77.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41192-6.