These boxes contain family and estate papers of that branch of the Cheape family which lived at Strathtyrum House, on the outskirts of St Andrews and can be summarised as follows:
- Correspondence, 1801-1824 arranged chronologically, 1840-1890s arranged by decade, plus unsorted (one of which contains genealogies), 11 boxes.
- Account books, 19th - 20th centuries, 5 boxes.
- Vouchers, 1790s-20th century, 11 boxes.
- Diaries and commonplace books, 3 boxes.
- Miscellaneous, 3 boxes, including minor building plans, printed matter, items related to golf links and adverts.