Publishers, etc. Car-Ele
- Jonathan Cape Limited, 1989.
- New Carcanet Press and Carcanet Press, and PN Review, general editor, Michael Schmidt, 1979-1993. Gascoyne contributed poems, letters and reviews to PN Review, including a review of the poems of Elizabeth Jennings in 1985, to which Jennings took exception and for which Schmidt unilaterally apologised to Jennings, then apologising to Gascoyne for doing so. One letter from Schmidt has a draft manuscript reply from Gascoyne on the verso.
- Century Hutchinson, publishers, 1986-1987.
- Editions du Champ Vallon, 1984.
- City Lights, booksellers and publishers, San Francisco, 1980-1988. With a catalogue for 1983 and a cutting from San Francisco Chronicle of 10 Sep 1998 of verses by Lawrence Ferlinghetti, the founder of the press. Publishers of a new edition of Gascoyne’s ‘Brief introduction to surrealism, 1982, and Free spirits, including contributions by Gascoyne, 1981. Letters from Nancy Joyce Peters, the proprietor along with her husband Philip Lamantia, are largley of a literary and social nature and are placed at Add MS 89011/5/17 under Peters.
- Delos Press, Peter N. Baldwin proprietor, 1988-1996, n.d. Publishers of Pierre Jean Jouve The Present greatness of Mozart, translated by Gascoyne, 1996.
- André Deutsch, 1964-1985. Seeking information on Gascoyne’s publishing plans.
- Elephant Trust, 1983-1987. Gascoyne seeking and receiving funding from the Trust.