Court papers and related documents regarding the convictions of nine GCW protestors, originally tried at held at West Berkshire Magistrates Court, 14-16 Feb 1994, for causing criminal damage at Aldermaston, 06 Aug 1993, and subsequent appeals. In their defence the women claimed justification at law; that they were upholding the law by preventing the crime of genocide (Genocide Act 1969). Protestors took their case to Reading Crown Court and the High Court before attempting to put their case before the European Commission of Human Rights in May 1998.
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-5gcw/5gcw/a/11
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 5GCW/A/11
- Dates of Creation1993-1997
- Physical Description5 folders
Scope and Content
Booklets 'Aldermaston: inside the Citadel' (Greenpeace) and Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (Council of Europe, 1995) have been removed to 5/GCW/D/3.