Notes, Correspondence and court papers concerning a jury trial and retrial following a hung jury, Mar and Jul 1998, of Sarah Hipperson and Peggy Walford for criminal damage offences committed at AWE Aldermaston, 05 Aug 1996. The defendants' attempt to use the defence of justification at law, and to call several expert witnesses on nuclear arms, was disallowed by Judge Mowat on the grounds that the possession and threat to use Nuclear Weapons did not constitute a crime under international law. Contains court papers including copies of witness statements, prosecution and defence skeleton arguments, manuscript and typescript notes on proceedings, correspondence with expert witnesses, copies of evidence used, and Sarah Hipperson's application to the CPS for leave to appeal.
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-5gcw/5gcw/a/14
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 5GCW/A/14
- Dates of Creation1996-1998
- Physical Description3 folders, 1 volume