The following collection includes maps, sections, tracings, plans, etc, that are too large to fit in the general series. It should be noted that many of the maps and sections relate directly to the projects listed above.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 WBD/2/G
- Dates of Creation1882-1920
Scope and Content
- 1. London Water Supply Maps, including OS maps for New River Co, Croydon Water, etc.
- 2. Kent, including map for Maidstone Nater, 1885 (see Series A); OS maps for Kent Coal (see Section B), etc.
- 3. Continent (France and Belgium), inc. commercial and geological maps, probably used for Kent Coal exploration.
- 4. Somerset, inc. fairly complete series of OS maps.
- 5. Lancashire, inc. OS maps for Manchester Corporation v. New Moss Colliery (see Section C).
- 6. Yorkshire, inc. OS maps for Derwent Valley Water Scheme.
- 7. Miscellaneous, inc: Folder of Maps and Sections re Royal Coal Commission, 1871; geological map of India; map and section of Birtley, 1920; map of Snowden; cross sections from LMW Railway & Portland Cement Co, 1906; Alit Glas Canal sections.
The following maps are in rolls and are listed alphabetically:
- Batley Water, 1918: 40 OS maps, with attached letter to WHO. (see Section A — Dewsbury)
- Birkenhead Water: large OS map, 1905. (see Section A)
- Bristol Water, 1897: Tracing of borehole. (see Section A)
- Bristol Water (Severn Tunnel): large sectional map.
- Broadstairs Water: Hap, 1907. (see Section A)
- Buxton Urban District Council Waterworks, Stanley Moor Reservoir: 2 large maps.
- Cardiganshire: 1 OS map.
- Carpella Clay: OS maps and sections. (see Section C)
- Derbyshire: 403 maps re Ashover fluorspar, 1910. (see Section D)
- Dewsbury, Batley & Heckmondwike Reservoir: maps, tracings. (see Section A)
- East Mines (coalfield?) map, Hilburn and Lord Downe area.
- Ebbw Vale Water: large bundle of tracings.
- Eccleshill Colliery Half-Yard Mine.
- Goole Water Supply, 1899: 1 large OS map.
- GWR v. Blades: clay map. (see Section C)
- Hastings: map and tracing. (see Section A and C)
- Huddersfield Water (Butterley Reservoir): large plan, n.d.
- Humber Tunnel Project: large number of maps, sections, mc: 3 maps of Grimsby, 1 OS map, ca 1882, tracing of River Humber, etc (see Section D)
- Kent Coal: 3 tracings and accompanying letters re equipment (pumps etc), 1898.
- London Water: New River Co (3 geological sections near Erith); 2 tracings of sections of the Thames, inc. some data sheets on wells. (see Section A)
- London Water: New River Co (1 map).
- London Water: two 0S maps of Essex.
- Liverpool Corporation Water Works: 2 plans of River Weaver. (see Section A)
- Manchester Corporation: geological section of borehole in High St. (see Section A)
- Manchester Reservoirs: sections and OS maps. (see Section A)
- Norfolk: 6 OS maps.
- Preston Water: plan and tracing, 1909.
- Lancaster County Plan: large map marked Rawtenstall Water, 1899.
- Southport Water: tracing of Springfield borehole. (see Section A)
- Wakefield Water, 1894: large map.
- Wheelton Tunnel: several geological sections. (see Section A)
- Yorkshire: map of dales.
- Ystrad and Rhondda: 403 maps. (see Section A)