Miscellanous papers belonging to Myfanwy Piper regarding The Turn of the Screw.
- A press cutting from The Times literary supplement on 15 October 1954, titled 'More English Opera'.
- Half a page of manuscript notes about writing the libretto and author Henry James.
- Audition sheet for The Turn of the Screw, dated 12 Dec 1953
- Typescript review of Myfanwy Piper as a librettist.
- Programme in Russian for The Turn of the Screw. Theatre Royal, Covent Garden, Small Opera Troupe.
- Typescript stage and scenery directions for Turn of the Screw, with drawings and plans of the stage and piano. Includes note from Rosamund Strode dated 1985 suggesting this relates to the English Opera Group performance at Stratford, Ontario in Aug 1957.
- Typescript transcripts taken from John Evans' Phd paper; Benjamin Britten 'Death in Venice' Perspectives on an Opera; chapter 5; Death in Venice: Towards an Operatic Text, The Britten-Piper Collaboration, and Appendix A: An interview with Myfanwy Piper.
Letter to Myfanwy Piper from Eddy, (no surname provided), 10 Oct 1954
Letter to Myfanwy from her mother, 17 Oct 1954
Letter to John and Myfanwy Piper from John (no surname provided), with note to Edward and Clarissa (John and Myfanwy's children), 20 Sep 1954
Letter to John Piper from Stanley G. Luff 22 Aug 1962
Letter to Myfanwy Piper from Boosey and Hawkes, written in German with an English translation, 24 Mar 1955
Includes a handwritten note (author unknown, the same author of the note included in PIP/1/1 1a. notebook of libretto drafts) with a list of libretto material for The Turn of the Screw. Most of the items on the list are in this file.