Consists of duplicates of advertising and servicing publications of various International Harvester companies [c1910] - 1960's; volumes of the house journal 'The Harvester World' 1910 - 1912
INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER COMPANY OF GREAT BRITAIN LTD
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
International Harvester Company was formed by a merger in 1902 between two of the largest American manufacturers of harvesting machinery, McCormick and Deering Harvester Company. Three other firms joined the merger: Milwaukee Harvester Company, Plano Manufacturing Company and Warder, Bushnell and Glasner.
This new corporation became the world's dominant manufacturer of a wide range of agricultural implements and machines.
The subsidiary company, International Harvester Company of Great Britain Limited, was incorporated in 1906 with offices located at 115 Southwark Street, London. In 1908 the company relocated to 80 Finsbury Pavement and later to Harvester House, 259 City Road, London. The works were located at Old Ford on the river Lea, London.
- TR IHC/P1/A1 Reference Volume of Servicing Publications. International Harvester Company of America (Incorporated), Chicago, U.S.A. and Ontario, Canada.
- TR IHC/P2/A1-177 Individual Advertising and Servicing Publications
- TR IHC/P2/A1-6 A.B. International Harvester Company, Noorkping, Sweden
- TR IHC/P2/A7-34 International Harvester Company (Incorporated), Chicago, U.S.A.
- TR IHC/P2/A35-83 International Harvester Company of America (Incorporated), Chicago, U.S.A.
- TR IHC/P2/A84-89 International Harvester Company of Canada Ltd., Ontario, Canada
- TR IHC/P2/A90-174 International Harvester Company of Great Britain Ltd., London
- TR IHC/P2/A175-176 International Harvester Corporation, Chicago
- TR IHC/P2/A177 International Harvester Export Company, Chicago, U.S.A.
- TR IHC/P2/B1 Parts List. Minneapolis-Moline Power Implement Company, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- TR IHC/P3/1 Poster. International Harvester Company of America (Incorporated)
- TR IHC/P4/1-2 House Journals. International Harvester Company of America (Incorporated)
- TR IHC/P5/1 News Release. International Harvester Company of Great Britain Ltd
- TR IHC/SH3/1 Ploughing Match Programme
Conditions Governing Access
Available for consultation
Material deposited on permanent loan June 1972 T72/43
Compiled by Zoe Watson, March 2004
Other Finding Aids
A detailed catalogue is available at the Museum of English Rural Life
Conditions Governing Use
Please contact the Archivist