Miscellaneous reports and memoranda produced by members of the Department in connection with its work. Some reports were produced by other College of Technology staff. Significant and interesting items include:
- an undated report on the Department [prob. 1920s] outlining its objectives and activities.
- memorandum on "Training for business management and administration" n.d [1930s?].
- papers relating to a conference sponsored by the Department on "Training for Industrial Management", May 1945, including a paper by the Director, "The development and present position of the work of the Department on Industrial Administration".
- two memoranda by Charles Renold, "Project for the development of the Department of Industrial Administration" (19 June 1946) and "Outline of development plan for Department..." (Sep 1946), which discusses management education in the U.S.A.
- undated memorandum on case for a chair in industrial administration (author not identified, probably from late 1940s-early 1950s).
- manuscript memo. on research in the Department (author not identified, c.1947).
- a survey return submitted to Professor T. U. Matthew, University of Birmingham, 1954, outlining Department's postgraduate courses.
- memo. "The future of the Department..." [by Reg Revans?],
- memo. by Reginald Revans on a "Proposed staff college for managers" re. a proposal to develop such a facility at Adlington Hall, Cheshire.
- report of the Departmental working part y on syllabus revision (1958).
- memo. "Education for management and administration" produced by Department and Faculty of Economics and Social Studies, July 1962.
- report submitted to College Council, 23 March1965 on the future of the Department, following the end of non-university teaching.
- memorandum (undated) proposing management and social studies modules for the honours degree in management science.
- paper submitted by the Department to UMIST Academic Development Committee, providing detailed overview of current and planned activities in teaching [1970s?].
- a Departmental paper on "Longer term planning" September 1976.
- Report of UGC Management and Business Studies Sub-committee, 2 Feb 1977
- memorandum on the Department, dated 1978.
It is believed that these documents have been extracted from the original files, and therefore may be lacking some documentary context.