The material comprises photographs (negatives and prints) of the archaeological excavations at Harran, including the mosque, the minaret, capitols and other carved ornamentation, inscriptions, members of the archaeological team, the shrine of Sheikh Hayat, the stele found on the site of the mosque, and local houses.
'Harran', 'Prof. Rice', 'Harran Negatives'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 381321/3
- Dates of Creation[c.1951-1959]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description689 pieces
Scope and Content
Many of the negatives were originally stored in glassine envelopes. The envelopes have been retained, and are arranged in a sequence with the negatives (each envelope immediately following the negative or negatives that it originally contained).