Microfilms of House of Lords main papers, May 1499-April 1704, including protestations 1641/2.
Microfilms of House of Lords Main Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film dep. 277-360, 697-743
- Dates of Creation20th century (copies of originals from 15th-18th centuries)
- Language of MaterialLatin, and English.
- Physical Description132 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
House of Lords.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms may be used only after notifying the Clerk of the Records, House of Lords.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
The papers are calendared in the Historical Manuscripts Commission, 3rd Report Appendix pp. 1-36, 4th Report Apendix pp. 1-170, 5th Report Appendix pp. 1-134, 6th Report Appendix pp. 1-221, 7th Report Appendix pp. 1-182, 8th Report Appendix pp. 101-173, 9th Report Appendix II, pp. 1-125, 11th Report Appendix pp. 1-164, (House of Lords Record Office).
The originals are held by the House of Lords Record Office, London.