Letters to Maeve Gilmore from Penguin Books, some regarding publication of Peake's Progress, edited by Gilmore. Also includes letters re Peake's Progress from Howard Gotlieb of Boston University Special Collections, Peter Wood, Isobel Murray, M Clare Cave, Mowbrays Bookshops, Hilary Spurling and the BBC. There is a copy letter from Maurice Michael to Associated Book Publishers.
Includes sections of typescript for Peake's Progress, corrected by Maeve Gilmore, as well as various editorial notes in her hand.
- Copies of prospective jacket illustrations for Titus Groan, Gormenghast and Titus Alone with a letter from the illustrator.
- Jackets for King Penguin paperbacks of Titus Groan, Gormenghast and Titus Alone.
- Penguin paperback jacket for Peake's Progress.
- Proofs of drawings for Peake's Progress.
- Quotes from Invictus by William Ernest Hanley and Romance by W J Turner in Maeve's hand.