Letters from Patrick Reumaux, Mervyn Peake’s French translator, and his wife Françoise.
Letters predominantly relating to five projects:
- French translation of Gormenghast and its adaptation for radio;
- French radio and stage adaptations of Titus d’Enfer [Titus Groan];
- French radio adaptation of Letters from a Lost Uncle;
- French translation of The Third Policeman;
- potential French publication of Captain Slaughterboard.
- press cutting about Mervyn Peake’s life and work from Journal de Genève, June 1974;
- authorisation for Patrick Reumaux to adapt Titus d’Enfer for radio, 28 January 1975;
- typescript of Patrick Reumaux’s preface to his translation of Gormenghast, 1 December 1975)
- letter from André Bay of Éditions Stock, publishers of the Gormenghast trilogy [or Titus books], to Maeve (with draft response in Maeve's hand);
- list of French publishers in Maeve’s hand;
- autograph draft in Maeve’s hand authorising Patrick Reumaux to adapt Lettres polaires d’un oncle perdu dans le froid (Letters from a Lost Uncle).