Letters to Maeve Gilmore from Eyre Methuen, Methuen London, Methuen Children's Books and Associated Book Publishers. Letters pertain to both Mervyn Peake and Maeve Gilmore's literary and artistic works, including the intended edition of Bleak House, illustrated by Mervyn, that was not ultimately published. Includes two copy letters to Geoffrey Strachan of Eyre Methuen from Maeve Gilmore and Maurice Michael.
- Maeve's autograph and typescript introduction to Peake's illustrations of Oscar Wilde's poems.
- Carbon copy: 'Some notes on the Bleak House drawings by Mervyn Peake' by Maeve Gilmore.
- Autograph notes by Maeve Gilmore: 'Being the History of the "Drawings of Bleak House" by Master Draughtsman Mervyn Peake at the hands of Geoffrey Strachan, publisher of Eyre Methuen in the City of London'.
- Jackets for 1982 Methuen American hardbacks of Titus Groan, Gormenghast and Titus Alone [using original Eyre and Spottiswoode designs].
- Photocopies of Overlook Press jackets for Titus Groan, Gormenghast and Titus Alone.
- Jackets for Picador paperback and Methuen hardback of Letters From a Lost Uncle.
- Jacket for Methuen hardback of Treasure Island.
- Specimen printer's proof of folio titled 'The Nose-tree' from Household Tales.
- Proof of title page for Methuen's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass.