Autograph manuscript in pen and ink with authorial revisions and [editorial?] pencil corrections. This is the fifth volume of Peake's manuscript, as indicated on the cover. Brief notes [towards drawings for 'The Works of Adolf Hitler'] on f.35v. There are notes at the end of the manuscript including lists of character names and vocabulary, as well as a draft of the poem 'The sullen accents told of doom'. Dated 3 February 1941.
- f.i: rough sketch of head;
- f.1: female face in profile;
- f.22v: rough margin sketch of female head;
- f.30v: two studies of child [Sebastian Peake];
- f.35v: child in high chair [Sebastian Peake];
- f.37: profile of female head wearing hat and fur;
- f.37v: design for title page: 'Titus Groan, Seventy-Seventh Earl of Goremenghast by Mervyn Peake';
- f.iii: ?Maeve; male nude with arms raised.