Revised autograph draft, in ink. Typescript leaves pasted in. Notes on character development for Muzzlehatch at end of the manuscript. Dated 5 June 1957 at front of volume.
Drawings in ink include:
- f.3: four studies for the heads of two male characters [Muzzlehatch? and Titus?];
- f.6: margin doodle of legs and feet;
- f.16: line drawings of heads of two boys;
- f.27v: study of the back of a head;
- f.28: man with walking stick followed by creature smoking;
- f.30: head of boy;
- f.33: male face;
- f.34: cartoon figures;
- f.34v: young male smoking;
- f.35: scroll with picture of male and female heads, bird perched on twig, sea in background;
- f.37v: boy blowing into pipe;
- f.38v: male heads.