Revised autograph draft in different colour inks and pencil. Additional leaves pasted in. Notes on plot development and quotes from Tennyson and John Marston at end of the manuscript. Dated June 1957, Wallington and July 1957, Sark.
Sketches in ink include:
- f.1: figures on cliff-top [Gormenghast Mountain];
- f.24: horse/pony and other creature;
- f.25: head of female wearing helmet;
- f.26: male head;
- f.27: line drawing of figure standing on one leg;
- f.37v: male head;
- f.39v: head of Chinese figure in conical ['coolie'] hat;
- f.40: head of sleeping female;
- f.43-f.ii: heads.
The chapters in the manuscript are numbered 54-58.