Adaptation of Titus Groan and Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake [for which he hoped Benjamin Britten would compose the music].
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88931/4/1
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000026.0x0002eb
- Dates of Creation1949-1950s
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 files
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)
See G Peter Winnington, Mervyn Peake's Vast Alchemies (London: Peter Owen, 2009), p.255 for further discussion of Titus Groan and Gormenghast as an opera.