- English literature lecture notes, hand-outs and bibliographies, 1972-1974;
- Moral Philosophy lecture notes, hand-outs and bibliographies, 1972-1973;
- History lecture notes, essays, hand-outs and bibliographies, 1972-1977;
- English Language lecture notes, essays, hand-outs and bibliographies, 1972-1975;
- Matriculation cards & diaries, 1972-1977;
- Booklets, leaflets and other info for students, including accommodation, chaplaincy, finances, 1972-1977;
- Papers relating to student events, including balls, rectorial elections, Daft Friday, 1974-1978;
- Papers relating to student campaigns & political issues, 1973-1976;
- Papers relating to clubs, societies & debates, 1972-1976;
- Papers relating to SRC, 1974-1976;
- University of Glasgow & other student publications, 1972-1976.
Papers of Leslie Currie, Arts Graduate, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Leslie Currie was an Arts student at the University of Glasgow from 1972 to 1976. He graduated with an MA in 1976.
During his first year (1972-73), he studied English Literature (Ordinary), Moral Philosophy (Ordinary) and History (Ordinary). During his second year (1973-74), he studied English language (Ordinary) and British History - Intermediate - Higher A. The following year (1974-75), he picked several courses in History (Honours): ‘The Crusades 1095-1204’, ‘Historical Sources and Analysis’, and ‘The emergence of the West 395-1054’, ‘Latin American History’, ‘Europe since 1914’. During his final year (1975-76), he also studied History (Honours), with the following courses: ‘Constantine or the Conversion of Europe’, ‘British History III’.
During his stay at the University, Currie was also very involved in student life and campaigns: he was a member of the Labour Club and Glasgow University Union, and was elected Senior Vice-President of the Student Representative Council. His papers contain many leaflets and hand-outs related to his active student life, giving a good insight into extracurricular activities at the University of Glasgow in the 1970s.
Listed by box. Items are generally listed in their original order.
Conditions Governing Access
Open, subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
Deposit : Leslie Currie : 12 Apr 2013 : ACCN 3752
Collection box listed by Aline Brodin, Archive Assistant, 15 Aug 2013. Collection level description created by Emma Yan, Assistant Archivist, 10 Mar 2014, with biographical history supplied by Aline Brodin.
Other Finding Aids
File list available by request to the Duty Archivist
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents