- Essay on Psychological and Physiological Facts, 1890;
- Essay on Nature and Grounds of our belief in a material World, 1890.
Papers of Rev John Morrison, 1869-1945, arts and divinity graduate, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 DC 293
- Dates of Creation1890
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.05 linear metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Morrison was born in Glasgow on 29 June 1869, the son of John Morrison who was a builder. After attending Bellahouston Academy, John came to the University of Glasgow and studied in the Arts and Divinity Faculties between 1887-1894, graduating with an MA in 1892 and BD in 1894. The subjects he studied for his MA degree were Latin, Greek, Mathematics, Logic, English, Moral Philosophy. He won the following prizes:
- 1887-1888 4th prize in Junior Greek Class;
- 1887-1888, 1st prize in Junior Humanity Class;
- 1891-1892, 7th in the Junior Hebrew Class;
- 1891-1892, one of 5 proxime accesserunt in Church History;
- 1892-1893, order of merit in Senior Hebrew Class;
- 1893-1894, Senior Class of Divinity and Biblical Criticism, one of 5 proxime accesserunt.
He was a Minister in Bressay, Shetland and Edenkillie, Moray, Scotland. He died in 1945.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received.
Access to records within this collection is open, however an appointment may be required. Please email Archives and Special Collections for advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Finding Aids
See also University of Glasgow Collections
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original