The papers include correspondence, memoranda, reports, press cuttings and photographs.
Papers of Sir Jervoise Athelstane Banes and Philip Edward Percival
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 Dep. b. 141-7, b. 191-7, c. 283-92, d. 231-6, e. 88-91
- Dates of Creation1870-1929
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description34 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Jervoise Athelstane Baines (1847-1925) and his son-in-law, Philip Edward Percival (1872-1939), were both of the Indian Civil Service. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were deposited in the Library in 1967.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.