Research files, including correspondence, newspaper cuttings and photographs. This includes both photocopies and original material.
Chapman's Hancock research files
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/432/thm/432/9
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/432/9
- Dates of Creation1924-2010
- Physical Description65 folders
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Malcolm Chapman went to considerable lengths to further the public's knowledge of Tony Hancock, taking in every aspect of Hancock's life, from his birth through to his legacy. Many of the files contain photocopies of newspaper and magazine articles, including interviews with Hancock and his widow, letters from Hancock and Hancock's career before he became famous.
This material is arranged into three sections:
- THM/432/9/1 - Tony Hancock biographical research
- THM/432/9/2 - Press cuttings and publicity photographs
- THM/432/9/3 - Hancock events, campaigns and memorabilia
Conditions Governing Access
Access to some material may be restricted. This has been identified at file level.