Duplicated typescript war memoirs, 'Dionysia', by W.D. Johnston, published in revised form as Nine rivers from Jordan (London, 1953).
Typescript War Memoirs by W.D. Johnston
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.d.314-16
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. d. 314-16
- Dates of Creation[?1949]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Denis Johnston (1901-1984) was a journalist, dramatist and broadcaster. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by the author in 1949.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45317-19.