A volume containing hymn-tunes and folk-tunes together with an index to the tunes, written in a mid-nineteenth century hand (ff. 73-209), bound together with a copy of William Owen, Prysgol, Y Perl Cerddorol... (Caernarfon, 1852) (ff. 7-72). A note in pencil on f. 1, probably in the hand of Philip Thomas, suggesting 'Shenkin Dounie, Harpist, Neath' to have been the scribe is probably an error for John Dounie [Downey], harpist, the Mera, Neath (see E. E. Williams, 'The queen of the Mera', Neath Antiquarian Society Transactions (1979), 6-7). Also included is a printed advertisement for John Ambrose Lloyd, Casgliad o Donau... (1843) (f. 210).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13776A.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004236974(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000236974
- Dates of Creation1843-1852.
- Language of MaterialWelsh.
- Physical Description210 ff. (old pagination 1-128, 1-189; ff. 201-205 verso, 206 verso-208 verso blank) ; 100 x 165 mm. Bound in full calf; 'Y Perl' in gold on spine.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Philip Thomas MS 39.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13776A.