Parchment bound volume containing minutes of Council of the Medical Society. The volume includes a record of the meeting at the York Hotel on 29 January 1834 to establish a medical library (pp.1-2). Pages 2-15 record the results of the canvass in favour of establishing the Society. There is also a detailed record of the a meeting of subscribers on 4 September 1834, which agreed the name 'The Manchester Medical Society' and drew up a list of rules (pp.15-28). The first meeting of the Council was held on 15 September 1834 (p.29).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 MMS/1/3/1/1
- Dates of Creation29 Jan 1834-21 Sep 1854
- Physical Description1 volume. Condition: retains original parchment-covered binding.