Sir John Pilter's contributory scheme for old age pensions; pamphlets andspeech transcripts.
PILTER SIR JOHN GEORGE 1848-1932KT
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0222
- Dates of Creation1904-1910
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionOne volume
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir John George Pilter 1848-1932
Pilter was Honorary President of the British Chamber of Commerce, Paris, andHonorary Chairman of the British Charitable Fund, Paris. He was also HonoraryChairman of Hertford British Hospital, Paris, and was a member of the RoyalCommission of the Paris Exhibition, 1900. Pilter was also Chairman of theCommercial Information Department, Commander of the Tunisian Order of NichamIftikhar, and a Knight Officer of the Legion of Honour.
His publications include:
- A contributory scheme for old age pensions (1910)
- A short explanation of the pension book (1910)
Conditions Governing Access
Transferred from the BLPES pamphletcollection
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use