Letters to A.H. Sayce.
Letters to A.H. Sayce
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. d. 62-70
- Dates of Creation1869-1933
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description9 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Archibald Henry Sayce (1845-1933) was Professor of Assyriology at Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters were bequeathed to the Library by A.H. Sayce in 1933.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41618-21.