Butterworth's autograph music, the majority of which was published.
Music of George Sainton Kaye Butterworth
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.mus.c.297-306
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Mus. c. 297-306
- Dates of Creation1909-14
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description10 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
George Sainton Kaye Butterworth (1885-1916) was a composer and folk song collector. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was given to the Library in 1946 and 1964.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
MSS. Mus. c. 301-6 were kept at the Faculty of Music, 1946-64.