- Notes by John Brash of lectures by Andrew Cecil Bradley and Thomas Power O'Connor, English Literature Class, University of Glasgow, session 1894-95. Lectures dated Tuesday 20 December 1894-12 March 1895. Portrait of Andrew Cecil Bradley, from photo by T & R Annan, pasted inside front board.
Papers of John Brash, c1877-c1941, arts graduate of the University of Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 247 MS Gen 886
- Dates of Creation1894-1895
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description0.03 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Brash was born in c1877 in Glasgow, Scotland. He attended the University of Glasgow starting in 1892 passing examinations in English. In 1893 and 1894 he passed examinations in Latin, Greek and Mathematics and in 1895 in Logic and English. He also attended English Literature classes in the 1893-1894 session given by Andrew Cecil Bradley, professor of English Literature, and Thomas Power O'Connor who went on to become editor of The Sun newspaper. In 1896 he passed an exam in moral Philosophy but failed Natural Philosophy, eventually passing in 1900. He went on to become a minister in Bradford, England and appears to have died c1941 .
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Conditions Governing Access
Unknown : ACCN 2515
Other Finding Aids
Item level descriptions are available via the department's online manuscripts catalogue available at http://special.lib.gla.ac.uk/manuscripts/ by searching for call reference MS Gen 886
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Compiled by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, February 2003
No alterations made to date
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Keeper of Special Collections
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use & condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 247 procedures