- Records of the Old Corporation of Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, including transcripts of the minutes of the Common Council, 1782-1835, the charter of James I, and a list of expired leases, compiled by W. Bliss, c. 1868
- notes on Chipping Norton by Charles Holmes, 1854, including by-laws, election of, and oaths taken by, officers of the corporation and freemen, a chronicle of the town, a history of the manor and church, descriptions of buildings, charities and archaeology.
Records of the Borough of Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Oxon. c. 471-2
- Dates of Creationlate 19th century (some transcripts of older material, 1782-1835)
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
James I granted a charter of incorporation to the town of Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, in 1606.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
Given to the Library in 1952.
Collection level description created by Susan Thomas, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.