Cary's papers include manuscripts and typescripts of published and unpublished works; files and notebooks; correspondence; and autobiographical and miscellaneous papers, newspaper cuttings and theses.
Papers of Joyce Cary
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Cary 1-347, Cary adds. 1-12
- Dates of CreationMid-19th century-1965
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description359 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Arthur Joyce Lunel Cary (1888-1957) was an author. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.