- MS 356/46/1-205;D Letters (205), 11 April 1902 to 10 September 1919 [Mainly regarding their Spitsbergen interests and the affairs of the Scottish Spitsbergen Syndicate, scientific matters and the publication of scientific papers, the first letter only deals directly with the Scottish National Antarctic Expedition, 1902-1904 (led by Bruce) thereafter the correspondence resumes on 2 June 1906] holograph and typescript
- MS 441/6/1;D Postcard, from Edinburgh, 10 March 1912 [Regarding Markham, a pencil note by Brown reads 'Bruce's comment on Amundsen's report of land to East of Ross Sea'] holograph, initialled W.S.B.
- MS 441/6/2;D Letter and enclosures, 6 February 1919 [Asks for comments on peace treaty proposals for German renunciation of territorial claims in the Antarctic, includes copies of Admiralty correspondence, 31 January and 5 February 1919 on same, requesting Bruce's opinion] 3 leaves, autograph and copies
Bruce, correspondence with Robert Neal Rudmose Brown
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 William Speirs Bruce/Correspondence with Robert Neal Rudmose Brown
- Dates of Creation1902 - 1919
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 206 letters, 1 postcard
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
General correspondence with Rudmose Brown who served as botanist of the Scottish National Antarctic Expedition, 1902-1904 (led by Bruce).