Letters to Croker, mainly from eminent churchmen.
Letters to John Wilson Croker
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.c.353,d.366-8
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 353, d. 366-8
- Dates of Creation1813-56
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Wilson Croker (1780-1857) was a politician and essayist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters from bought from Winifred A. Myers in 1976, except c. 353, fols. 162-81, which were given to the Library in 1976.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.